Thursday, May 6, 2010

10/16/2006 Early Morning Laundry

Ever get thinking how ordinary & common place chores/duties are? This morning I was up really early. I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I got up to get some things done.

I read a quote( rural pearls) in the back of a "Country" magazine a few months back that said this:

"An hour in the morning is worth two in the afternoon."

It is so so true! I got the kitchen cleaned up since I didn't do it last night, put a load in the washer and hung laundry on the line.

I enjoy hanging laundry outside, but this was a whole new experience. I hung the clothes out in the dark by the light of the moon and to the background sound of coyote yips & howls.

It almost sounds romantic in an outdoorsy, surviving out in the wild kind of way.

It makes me wonder how other chores could become new & almost exciting by doing them at different times or in different ways. Not that I have the energy or time to dream up strange things to make cleaning & chores more fun(even if I am a bit of a dreamer-okay a lot of a dreamer!).

Now that it's daylight, here's my favorite laundry (the cloth dipes) in the sunshine:



No comments:

Post a Comment