Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/2/2006 Plans Changed

We ended up not going strawberry picking yesterday. The rest of the day was kind of all jumbled up. Pat ended up weed-wacking longer than planned. He had to do all around the big pasture as the fence is electric (solar) and the weeds touching it could ground it. We've had loose cows in the past (very big exciting story that ended with shooting them with tranquilizer guns from horseback 4 miles from home, and a horse that came home riderless), so that fence needs to work.

Anyway, then we we had a thunder & rain storm that lasted 2 hours. I read my email and got all fired up because I got 2 e-lerts from HSLDA saying our state has 2 bills on fast track this week. One is to make kids start school at 5 yrs instead of 6 and the other involves invasion of privacy thru something called an Immunization registry. So, Pat made phone calls to all the senators and assemblymen and I wrote emails.

I also tried making home-made wheat rolls for hamburgers. I've never done it before. So, after I shaped them in rolls and let them rise again, Pat wanted to go to the farmer's market and I figured we'd be back soon.

So, we went to the farmer's market, Pat talked to the owner about raising a beef cow for him (since he asked last week), then we ended up going to the store to get lobster, then to the bike shop.

So, we get home and the rolls had been rising a bit too long. They were ok, until Jonah touched them. Every roll he touched sunk.

But, I put them in the oven and they turned out great! Even Pat liked them. He's not into wheat, but he hasn't had a choice lately. I've been doing half white flour & half wheat from King Arthur flour to make the transition easier. I'd love to someday grind wheat, but we're not there yet.

Today was a trying day with Jonah. I've noticed that anytime he plays with other kids, the next day he doesn't behave well. I do not know why and Pat & I are praying about it all day today for the Lord to give us wisdom in dealing with it. I'm at a total loss.

Twice he was caught sneaking-a very rare thing for him. And he told a lie, and he was generally irritating most of the day. Maybe we were too occupied with other things, maybe we didn't give him enough to do. It always seems like he acts differently after playing with friends, though. I'm not blaming his friends (he met them at camp). It's his behaviour, not theirs, but I don't understand the dynamics behind this.

He was disciplined and talked to and prayed with and hugged after his misdeeds, but Pat & I felt very discouraged by the end of the day wondering what we are doing wrong.

Today is a new day and I know with the Lord's help and wisdom, it will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment