Monday, May 10, 2010

11/11/06 Re-cap of the Week

I've posted a couple times this week, but here's a re-cap of the week before I forget:

Last Sunday we spent the day at a friend's house helping them with firewood(and we got a load for us,too) They homeschool and have 6 kids. The kids had so much fun together and it was great to visit with their mom. It's hard for us all to get together due to schedules. She made a really yummy herbed goat cheese stuffed chicken. We've never had goat cheese before and we all loved it-even Pat!
Hannah had piano lessons Tuesday, I had a chiro appt Wednesday.the kids had gym class Thursday & we did shoppint. Jonah went to a friend's house after gym class. Hannah's had friends over twice this week. Friday public school was out, so a friend came over for a few hours (we got some school done before 11:00) , I baked a double batch of jam print cookies and then at 3:00 6 girls came for our monthly HS girls group, which was a blast!!!
They all made no-sew fleece blankets and we talked about their ministries as daughters and sisters. I am so thrilled at the conversation we all had. They all helped each other cut their strips and they all tied together-it was like an old-fashioned style quilting bee, it seemed.
They decided no one would tie strips until everyone had finished cutting. The cutting was a big job and their hands were getting tired from it. I was so proud at how they worked together and their conversations together were so sweet to listen to!
On the cleaning front-I've gotten about half of the downstairs windows washed and the screens out. I washed kitchen cabinets and cleaned out the insides. Turns out it's a good thing because I found a very nice surprise!!
I found a gift certificate for dinner and a movie that Pat's brother gave us last Christmas and it expires next month. I'm so glad I found it because I had totally forgotten about it. We're going to use it next weekend, I think.
We also got the loft totally cleaned up-yeah!
I bought 6 pretty placemats that were on sale and that totally motivated me to get the laundry off the table and clean up the dining room-it looks very nice now.
School: I finished our quarterly reports last week, we finished up Crime & Punishment and we started the American Revolution.
We're also doing some background reading on the events prior to the Revolution, so yesterday morning we read about Fort Descayne (I know the spelling's wrong, but don't feel like getting the book to look it up).
That was really interesting and the kids made a model of the fort with playmobil-had the French inside it, George Washington(21 yr old surveyor at the time) Daniel Boone (wagon driver for the British army) and General Braddock outside attacking the fort. That was the very start of the French & Indian War. George Washington fired the shot that "started the world on fire."
I did not know that Daniel Boone was around the same time as George Washington-that blew me away.
I totally filed away the frontiersmen into a different time frame. Jonah forgot who Daniel Boone was, so I started singing, "King of the Wild Frontier", which really made it memorable as they both laughed at me and said, "No, mom-that's Davy Crocket!" LOL
I've been walking a mile on the treadmill every morning and reading a HS Moms devotional book and praying while I walk. I pray much better while walking and I've been convicted a lot about some things and crying while I walk, but then feeling better and feeling like the Lord is giving me the tools I need to change a little.
I've had a terrible time sleeping-I've been up b/w 3:30 & 4:00 every morning for 2 weeks, but I'm getting so much done in the mornings before they all get up. I've been drinking coffee in the afternoon,though-to make it to bedtime.
I was extremely hormonal one day(not normal for me) and Pat & I had an arguement because I expected him to read my mind about something he had no clue about. We got that worked out after I spent an evening feeling like he didn't love me very much. Silly me.
I think that's about it for the week.
Today there are a couple guys here hunting out in the woods (bow hunting), more guys are coming to put out posted signs all over our property and another guys property, so I probably have to feed lunch to them. Pat's got to go to work in the evening.
I'm going to catch up on baking and sewing and more window washing. My MIL asked me to sew 6 newborn diapers for her so she can give them to someone as a baby shower present.
I think that's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment