Thursday, May 6, 2010

7/21/06 Almost Ready!!

For our camping trip!!! Most of the packing is done. I have 1 more load of laundry to do, the house is sort of clean and the animals and gardens will be cared for.

My friend, Chris, said she's be MORE than happy to come and take care of the gardens-she'll trim my lettuce so it doesn't bolt, water everything, etc. After I gave her a big bag of it last week, she'd like some more-and I have plenty to share.
Yesterday I had a whopping headache all day. My dd, Hannah (10) was such a big help with Susanna. I don't know what I'd do without her. She & Jonah have really helped me out a lot this week with camping preparations, house organization, Susanna-sitting and even getting some schoolwork in, too.
Last night, Jonah rubbed my neck while Hannah rubbed my feet. Susanna wanted to help, too, so she smeared some lotion on my knee-LOL.
Then Hannah had me lie down on the couch and she used a vibrating massager thing(that we call ET)on my back.
I am so thankful for my children. I was grouchy from my headache and didn't do very much yesterday with them and they're little servant hearts just undo me. Many times I think I learn more about the Jesus from them than they do from me.
My dh rubbed my neck for me last night, too, and this morning I felt much better! Got a lot done-more laundry, more packing, baked cookies to take with us, plus some schoolwork with the kids & fixed a pair of Hannah's capris with the sewing machine.
We are getting very excited about our trip to Maine! We went last year and had the very best camping trip ever. We went on a lobster catching cruise, took a ferry to an island and explored the entire shore of it, looking in all the tide pools, saw harbor seals and so many other things. This year we hope to go whale watching, tour a lighthouse and go to the Maine Aquarium in BoothBay. Plus spend time with friends we made there last year and that we've kept in touch with.

No comments:

Post a Comment