Monday, May 10, 2010

12/3/06 Busy Saturday

It was very cold, too! My dh went hunting in the morning. The kids & I did some reading and cleaning and just hanging out. Hannah went to her friend, Megan's house around 1:00. While I was taking her over we came across a flock of wild turkeys in the road, so we stopped and watched them in the woods. They didn't run far.

Hannah & I had a nice chat while holding hands in the car-she brought up different kinds of music and that she and Daddy were talking about it the night before on their way to get pizza. There was a car next to them and she said the base was so loud she thought it was thunder at first-LOL.

She had some very interesting things to say about lyrics that honor God and those that don't. I was impressed.

When I got back from dropping Hannah off, Pat was on his way to hunt again and he told me that 2 of Jonah's friends were coming over and I needed to go pick them up. I was planning on having time alone with Jonah while Susanna slept, but he was very excited.

When we picked up Pauly and Michael, it was funny because Jonah went to the door to let them know we were there (Susanna fell asleep in the car) and went in the door for a minute and the next thing I saw was 3 boys exploding from the front door-LOL!!! I guess boys are pretty much similar in their energy outputs. They came out of that door tripping, jumping and pulling on each others' sleeves, grabbing falling hats and laughing. Fortunately, Jonah remembered Susanna was sleeping and got himself and them quieted down before entering the car.

They had a great time-played outside mostly. I got Susanna put down in her crib and time to myself. I sewed, made cookies, made yogurt and picked up the kitchen a bit with Christmas music on and a cinnamon candle burning. It was wonderful.

The boys only came in for hot chocolate and cookies. It's amazing how boys & dogs (in this case-3 boys, 3 dogs) enter a house. It's total noise, confusion and mirth!

Hannah ended up staying at Megan's for dinner and had a great time. Jonah's friends ended up staying here for dinner.

Today I have a special treat-I'm going out to lunch with my friend, Chris and we are going to do some window shopping in a small ritzy kind of town that gets itself all gussied up to look like a Charles Dickens Christmas. There will be people dressed up for that time period, there'll be roasted chestnuts to buy, instrument quartets and carolers all over the place. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment