Thursday, May 6, 2010

7/22/06 Garden Bounty & Leaving Tomorrow

I am so excited at how well my garden is doing. Last night we had salmon(that my dh caught), salad made with lettuce & cucumbers from my garden and sauteed zucchini from the garden.

Today we are having our home-grown raised beef, steamed beans from the garden & sauteed swiss chard from the garden.

What a great feeling it is to be feeding my family with food we've grown!

I've been packing last minute things for most of the day and cleaning out the fridge, picking up, etc.

We're leaving tomorrow. We'll be driving for about 8 hours!! I've got books on CD ready for us all to listen to and also movies for the kids to watch. Hopefully Susanna will tolerate being in her carseat for that long! We'll have to stop several times, I'm sure.

We'll be back next Monday and I'll journal all about our vacation. I'm praying for good weather, safe traveling, safe camping and that naps & bed-time come easily for Susanna.

http://www.gonecountrygraphics.com/home1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment