Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/16/2006 At the Zoo & a WW II Veteran

A real zoo, in fact. Not our house-LOL. My friend, Chris, invited us to go to the zoo with her and her kids today. Her boys are done with school for the summer, so it will be nice to get to do things with them every so often again.

We had a great time! Susanna had never been to the zoo before. Her favorites were the meerkats, the monkeys and the diving penguins.

The other kids had a great time, too. We could have spent longer there, but it was a bit crowded and hot. There were about 10 school buses there!

I am always nervous keeping track of my kids amongst so many other people. Today would've been a good day to have a neck like an owl's to turn my head around all the way.

We went to McDonalds afterwards for lunch. I got a salad and yogurt because the last two times I ate fast food my stomach twisted in knots for hours. We don't go often, so it was a treat for the kids.

There was an older couple there and the husband had on a hat that said WW II Veteran. I showed that to the kids as we've read some stories about that war recently. Plus, my grandfather faught in that war. Jonah asked if he could talk to him for a minute as long as he said excuse me. I let him since they were across from us. He asked the man if he really fought in that war and he thanked him for doing it! He made me so proud! The man's wife smiled so big at him and the man looked a little bit choked up, but he smiled, too.

I can't say it's Jonah idea to say that, though. His grandfather (my dad) has told him in the past to always thank a war veteran for their service.

We're home now and I'm so glad! Being out and about really is exhuasting. I let the kids watch a show and got Susanna down for a nap.

Jonah just walked up to me and told me he needs a space bag for his room and if we act now, we get it for 19.99 and get another one free. LOL It's a bag that you put stuff in and suck out all the air and it saves room.

I said, "I think not. If you need more room then you can get rid of some stuff."

He's a character, that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment