Monday, May 10, 2010

12/2/06 Birthday Girl & Christmas Crafts

My Hannah is now 11 as of Monday. I can't believe it!! She had a nice birthday. She wants to have a small friend party, but we are going to do that after the holidays. I made pancakes for breakfast at her request and then we all went shopping. She had almost enough birthday money to buy a kareoke machine she wanted. So, we chipped in the last 15 dollars so she could get it. We shopped at another store and I surprised the kids with lunch at McDonalds. Not only that, but we even ate inside the restaurant-LOL.

When we got home she had a package on the steps-it was the American Girl palomino horse her grandfather promised her-what great timing!

Hannah wanted to make her own cake and frost it, so she did that. I worked on making sauce & meatballs. She & Jonah also very much enjoyed singing with the kareoke player. I even tried it out. It's rather fun! I didn't know it needed special CDs, but it came with one that had great songs on it-Danny Boy, Amazing Grace, some popular kid-friendly tunes.

Pat's parents came for dinner-Hannah requested spaghetti & meatballs. They gave her her own real cake decorating set, which she is very excited about. They also gave her a cake pan that had 6 snowmen on it. So, she plans on making little snowman cakes with her friends at her party in January.

In other news, we've been busy baking and making Christmas crafts. I am trying my hand at making a hanging evergreen topiary with red bows & ribbons. I admired some at 2 different stores, but they were 27 dollars and 35 dollars. So, I bought a styrofoam ball, red ribbon, metal push-in thingys(made for flower arranging) and kept the pine boughs from our Christmas tree. It's not done yet, but I think it is turning out alright. It's more work than I realized it would be and won't be as fancy as the ones at the store, but I'm happy with it so far. Edited to add the pic of the finished product. I like it!

The kids have gym class today and Hannah has piano lessons tomorrow, but other than that we haven't done school all week-except to listen to audiobooks. We've been listening to the Cinnamon Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment