Friday, May 7, 2010

8/11/06 Migraine, Bumpa, Roosters & Poop

I know that is a very strange title, but I can't think of a good one. LOL Yesterday, I woke up with the worst migraine I have ever had. I got out of bed and my head felt too heavy to come with me. The pain was breath-taking.

I made it downstairs and thought maybe some coffee would help. I took 3 sips and ran to the bathroom to throw up. I felt so much better afterwards!

My head still hurt, but I was able to function and eventually, it just went away totally.

We did get some schoolwork done, but not everything I had planned. But what we did was good. We had a really good discussion after our Bible reading and that turned into questions about Bumpa-their grandfather (my dh's father). He is very sick and has been suffering since esophageal cancer about 3 yrs ago. He's in the hospital again and the kids feel sad for him. We talked a lot about that and prayed for him.

After lunch, I heard Jonah(8) yelling outside. I went out the back door and saw him chasing 4 roosters off his favorite hen. He was yelling, "That's my hen, MY hen!!" LOL The roosters are on the way out. We have 15 of them for meat, but will keep 1 or 2 to stay with the hens.

They have become quite obnoxious. If the hens sit still for even a minute, they have a pile of roosters on top of them. We rescue them whenever we see it. There's also 1 rooster living & hiding in my flower garden because the other roosters pick on him so much-he's making a mess of it, too.

On to the poop. LOL. In the evening, Jonah took a shower. I heard Susanna (22 months) wander up there. After about 10 minutes, I went up to check on her, but didn't find her. I went in to the bathroom, but didn't see her, but it smelled terrible in there! I asked Jonah (in the shower) if he'd seen Susanna and out pops her wet head around the shower curtain.

I worriedly asked Jonah. "what is that awful stench?" He said that Susanna pooped. I said, "so, where is it??" (I'm thinking it's in the tub)

He then told me she pooped in her cloth dipe, but he took it off, dumped the poop in the toilet and put her in the shower with him. I am standing there looking dumb-founded(he doesn't do diapers & Susanna has never been in the shower with him) and he says,

"Mom, I even had to wipe her butt with toilet paper." The look on his face as he said this was hysterical.

This boy regularly amazes me & keeps me guessing-one minute he's driving me crazy and the next minute, I am so proud of him, it hurts.

So, that is the jist of our day. There's no 1 topic I could use for a title that would encompass it all-pain, sadness, amazement & joy all in one day. It reminds me of the words to a country song I've recently heard-"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful life."

No comments:

Post a Comment