Monday, May 10, 2010

3/17/07 Full Week

Our life was very full this past week.
Saturday was the kids' last archery class. It was a 14 wk course. Jonah won a first place trophy!!
Hannah didn't place, but she was ok with it-she just went to have fun and her best friend was in the class, too.
Sunday we tapped trees.
Sunday-Monday: we realized some issues going on with Hannah. It was a spiritual battle type thing and Pat spent part of one night praying about it and the next morning. I prayed, too, and had a talk with Hannah about it-and it went excellent & she understood without any anger the changes Pat had decided needed to be made. It was really amazing & we are noticing a difference already (very positive)
Jonah cut his hand on Tuesday with a pocket knife-but didn't need hospital attention.
We had beautiful weather Monday--Wednesday and got excited for Spring (knowing our winter surely couldn't be done) and now we're in the middle of a snowstorm with expected accumulation of up to 18 inches.
Quarterly reports were due yesterday and I spent all week working on them. Doing the reports is always stressful for me and takes up a lot of time. And this time for the first time, I lost Hannah's QR 3 times before I finally got it done & saved-once because the computer got turned off while it was open (my fault for leaving it up). Twice because of a game disc that got left in the driver and when I went to save, it wouldn't save. I also had no printer ink. The first time that happened, I didn't know what to do, so just hoped it got saved anyway. It didn't.
The next time, I copied & pasted it and put it in an email. Thank God I did because the saving process didn't work again.
Also, this week, my dh has come home early 3 times to work on window trim. All the windows downstairs now have their trim and it looks beautiful! Boy, did it make a mess, though.
Friday was Jonah's birthday-he turned 9. I always want their day to be special and didn't feel up to the task this time. But, it ended up going well.
The day before I kept telling him I was canceling his b-day so he would stay 8. LOL I got a picture of him in his bunk bed that night with his rabbit and will call it, Jonah's last day of being 8 yrs old.
I declared a holiday from schooling, took the kids (& the guide dog) to Duncan Donuts for whatever donut they wanted and hot chocolate. We went to the store so Jonah could pick out his cake, frosting & ice cream. (all year I make home-made, but on birthdays, they want box cakes or ice cream cakes).
He picked spaghetti & meatballs for his birthday dinner. He got several phone calls.
He got to make his cake with my help. People always comment on that when the kids tell them this (you had to make your own cake?? But, that's what they want to do!) Susanna got a headfull of batter as she really got into licking the bowl-literally.
We had family coming for the dinner, but with the snow storm, they couldn't make it.
He loved his presents and we watched a movie in the evening that he picked.
We had a bit of a clamor when it came time to eat the cake & ice cream. Apparently, Susanna (2.5) went on a stealth mission and pretty much ate most of the frosting off the cake & 3 fistfuls of cake were missing. LOL.
Jonah was a bit upset until I told him he did this to every cake he could get his hands on when he was a toddler and he STILL sneaks a lick from the sides of them.
I feel really bad that I didn't take a pic of the cake after he frosted it and put some cars on it. But, here's a pic of it after Susanna's finishing touches:

No comments:

Post a Comment