Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/28/2006 booboo kisses, frogs & laundry

Click to view full-sized imageSusanna has recently started something very very cute. When she sees boo-boos, she wants to kiss them. And she thinks my freckles are boo-boos, so she covers me with kisses when the boo-boo fixing mood strikes her. This morning she was in that mood. She was so snuggly sweet when she got up and we just sat in the pink chair together. I do have a small scar on my hand, so she kissed that, then she kissed all the freckles she could find. It is so sweet!

Danielle spent the night last night. At breakfast (pumpkin bread, strawberries, hot chocolate) she chewed a piece of the bread once and tried to swallow it, thus almost choking and scaring herself and the rest of us.

After she calmed down, I explained how important it is to chew several times to let the saliva start the digestion process and give the food plenty of fluid to be swallowed easily. She hadn't heard about that, so I got out our flannel person with all it's pieces/parts and we went over the digestive system.

We read our Bible, had devotions and then read poetry. I love poetry and our kids do, too.

Here's one of their favorites that we read this morning-they know it by heart:

The Cupboard

I know a little cupboard,

With a teeny tiny key,

And there's a jar of lollipops

for me, me, me.

It has a little shelf, my dear,

As dark as dark can be,

And there's a dish of Banbury Cakes

for me, me, me.

I have a small fat grandmamma,

With a very slippery knee,

And she's keeper of the Cupboard,

With the key, key, key.

And when I'm very good, my dear,

As good as good can be,

There's Banbury Cakes and Lollipops

For me, me, me.

--Walter de la Mare

The kids went to pick strawberries while I got some kitchen chores done. We have company(some of my family) coming for 4 days over the weekend and I have a lot to do. I don't really feel like getting the house ready, but I need to do it.

Then, the 3 older kids went frog-catching at "Frog-Pond" and I worked on laundry. I feel like I am always working on laundry-LOL. There's laundry on the line, in the dryer, in the washer and in the hamper to be folded. I got all the diaper laundry folded-that's the most important, of course!

The kids are back from frog-catching. They only got 2 this time. Last time they got 21!! So, they named the 2 frogs and put them back and came in for lunch. Susanna is down for a nap and I need to make a grocery list for this weekend's menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment