Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/21/2006 Quarterlies & Scottish Dance Recital

Today has been busy. We got very little done in the way of schooling again. I kind of planned on that as I'm working on quarterly reports, but I had hoped to get some work done with the kids, too.

After morning chores, breakfast, Bible reading , devotions & poetry reading, a friend called to see if I wanted to order croc sandals as she needed more orders to have no shipping. I wanted a pair of those for Hannah since she has flat, wide feet, but couldn't figure out what size to order. So, I had her order a pair for me.

I got to work on quarterly reports, we had lunch and then I took the kids into town to find them croc sandals. They really needed sandals anyway. They are very comfortable! The kids are thrilled with their new shoes.

Got more work on reports done, but was really getting sick of it. I got a tension headache, my neck hurt, my eyes feel strained from looking at the computer. It's such a beautiful day and I feel like it's been a waste all because of paperwork for the state. I'm not having a very good attitude. I am trying to do it with all my might as for the Lord (Ecc 9:10), but on my own strength, it hasn't been easy. So, I've been praying every few minutes. It's amazing how I struggle with being faithful for just 5 minutes.

Public school got out yesterday. I know this because Danielle called to see if she could come over at 12:30. I said sure and they were all great to play with Susanna outside.

After about 30 minutes, Hannah brought Susanna in because she had put her hand on a log and a lot of ants crawled right on her hand which scared the living daylights out of her and she screamed. I had to kiss her hand several times to get her to calm down and then I nursed her and she went down for her nap. Poor little thing.

So, I got most of the reports done-just have to add finishing touches and do Jonah's evaluation. Pat made copies of Hannah's standardized test for me to send it, so that's all set.

I also ordered a huge stack of books about everything Japan from the library thru interlibrary load as that's the unit we're on right now. I think this is going to be a very fun, artistic and tasty unit! I can't wait to finish these reports and get back to schooling.

Hannah's friend, Meaghan, called and invited us to her Scottish dance recital, so we went to that this afternoon and it was fantastic! Very educational, too. The dance instructor gave some history before each dance. They had sword dances, too, and when we got to that, everyone heard Jonah say, "Yeah! It's time for the sword dances finally!" LOL

So, we're home now (Danielle is still here) and Hannah made a simple dinner. Pat will be home very late this evening.

I'll be able to finish the reports this evening after everyone is in bed because I am not going to do this for even one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment