Friday, May 7, 2010

9/26/06 The Highlights of Yesterday

I do not know what the *actual* highlight was yesterday, so I'll give you all the rundown and you can decide.

The day started with me out in the lawn hunched over looking for the freshest pile of Piper's(the guide dog puppy) dog poop. Seeing as we have 3 dogs, I had to get the right pile-and preferably not old.

I collected some and bagged it up.

Everybody got ready and we headed to the vet clinic-me, 3 kids and 2 of the dogs in our vehicle. That went ok.



At the vet clinic it was a 5 ring circus. I had the 95 lb pulling German Shepherd(Freya), Hannah had the excted puppy and Jonah was supposed to have Susanna, but she wouldn't let him hold her hand. She wanted me. So, then I had her and the dog, but she was upset because her baggie of cereal got left in the car, so I got that out, meanwhile, the dog is pulling and went under the car door with me squished up again the door and the leash around 1 leg.

I got untangled and we go inside the clinic.



Piper needed shots and it turns out he has a yeast infection in his ears, which is common for labs, apparently. Freya has been scratching herself terribly and it turns out she has an allergy. She got a shot to break the cycle. We knew it wasn't fleas and we give her fish oil pills as she has dry skin. The vet tells me after he gives the shot that there are some side effects. My stomach hits the floor. He says she'll probably be hungry and thirsty. I laughed out loud(he's a friend of ours) and tell him I thought he was going to say vomiting and diarrhea. He laughs and says, "I'm sure you don't need anymore bodily functions at your house."



So, we burst out of the vet door like chickens flying out of a cannon almost running into a lady with a tiny dog. You should have seen the look on her face!! I still chuckle when I think about it. LOL

We get everyone situated in the car and drive away. 5 minutes later Susanna wants her cup and we can't find it and then Jonah reminds me that when he got out of the car at the vet clinic her cup fell out along with his lego magazine and some toys and it must've rolled under the car. I turn around to go get it-sure enough, it was laying in the parking lot. Homeward bound again, everyone is quiet and listening to the story on tape. It's a 30 minute drive, so I redeemed the car time with listening to To Kill a Mockingbird. It's one of the books listed in our Crime & Punishment unit in Konos. So far, it is excellent, except for 2 swear words(said twice and I told the kids to ignore them)

As we're about to pull into the driveway, Freya threw up in the back of the vehicle. She only had a dog biscuit, but it looked like she had eaten a half of a 50 lb bag of dogfood. Arghhhhh!!! We were almost home, too!



We all thankfully get out of the car, I sent the kids to feed all the other animals and take Susanna with them. And I cleaned up the vomit. I left the back door open(it opens into my laundry room) as I was in and out a lot. After I got done cleaning the car, I find 2 chickens standing in my laundry room. I chase them out and guess what--they left chicken crap on the entry rug. I couldn't believe it. I was exhausted by now-only 11:00 and don't even want to begin the school day.

We did get going after lunch and got the sit down stuff done along with some reading out loud. But, that was it.

Pat got home at a decent hour and went trail-riding with the kids again. Susanna was napping, so I had the house to myself for a little. We had Cheddar Chicken & Broccoli Casserole for dinner and then everyone went to watch "The Crocodile Hunter" on TV. I had some cookie dough chilling in the fridge, so pulled it out to bake for dessert.

As I'm standing at the counter, scooping dough onto the pan, the puppy comes and sits in front of me. I pet him on the head and he wanders off. I take a step to open the oven door and step into the puddle of pee he left right in front of my feet!!!!!

Thankfully Pat came to deal with that because I was about to lose my mind and unleash a torrent of frustration about all the bodily functions of the day. And I'm not even counting diaper changes, either.

It's kind of comical now. I sure hope today is bodily-function-free!

http://www.gonecountrygraphics.com/home1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment