Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/21/2006 Sit In The Pink Chair, Mom!

That is what my 20 month old daughter said to me, today, but not in those words, of course. She is still nursing and our routine is I sit in the pink easychair, she gets her din(blanket), her boo(pillow) and her bee(baby).

I was on the computer trying to find an easy way to preserve a dead butterfly the kids found yesterday.

Susanna wanted to nurse, so she brought me her din and her bee, but not the boo. So, I told her to get it. She did, but put it on the pink chair. So, I asked her to bring it to me and she wouldn't. She shook her head side to side, which is funny because she shakes her whole body along with head. So, I kept researching. She came over to me and got her bee and her din and then put those on the pink chair and said, "Mom, Mom, Mom!" and patted the pink chair.

I felt a sigh coming on wanting to read information(and get something accomplished) and feed her at the same time, but then, I got a silent small little kick in the fanny that told me to go sit in the pink chair.

So, when I got up and walked towards her she got such a great big grin on her face and started jumping and laughing.

So, I sat down with all her paraphernalia and guess what-she didn't get in the chair to nurse. She sat down to play on the floor with her toys. LOL. I started to stand up (knowing what she'd do) and she began to complain. So, I sat down again and she played happily on the floor. I smiled to myself, knowing there is a lesson in this for me. After a few minutes she finally got in the chair with me to nurse. I just looked at her and sang her songs-no book reading, no supervising anyone, no talking on the phone. And she was happy. And so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment