Monday, May 10, 2010

1/2/07 A Full Week

It's been a fun week-we did do a couple days worth of school. We played blokus and pitch a lot(Pat taught the kids how to play), played outside in the snow while we had it (now it's gone), the kids had friends over and we did some de-cluttering and more baking. Here's a pic of Hannah with 2 of her friends:
I made granola bars for the first time from a recipe I got from a friend named Heather(HSMoms) which turned out fantastic! Even my dh loves them and they're not hard to make! Here they are:
And here's the recipe:
2 1/2 c rice krispies
2 c oats
1/2 c raisins
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 c light corn syrup (caro)
1/2 c natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 c wheat germ
1/8 c flax seeds
Mix krispies, oats, raisins, flax & wheat germ.
In small pan, mix brown sugar and corn syrup at medium high heat, stirring constantly until boiling. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Pour liquid over cereal mixture and mix well. I had to use my hands to get it all mixed in. Press mixture into greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Let sit until cool, cut into bars and wrap individually in saran wrap.
I also learned that you can freeze avocado. I love these and they were on sale 4 for 5 dollars. So, I cut them in half, took out the pit and peeled the green skin off each half. Then I put a little spoonful of sourcream into each hole, with lime juice and southwest salsa on top of that. I froze them for a bit in the freezer, took them out and put them in vacuum sealer bags. When I want guacomole, I just take out a bag, let it thaw and mush it while it's still in the bag. After mushed, cut open the bag and squeeze into a bowl!!
Sunday we had friends(Lisa & Jeff) over for dinner. They're dd(7) had a lot of fun gathering eggs, feeding apples to the horses and cows and riding a horse with Hannah. They also had a new baby that they didn't mind Hannah & I holding for a bit-oh, that was so fun! He's 2 months and is adorable. I asked her if she was sure it was ok because with all my babies, I couldn't stand letting others hold them for more than 10 mins. I actually got agitated when other people held them! Lisa said she's not like that at all and was glad to have free arms for awhile.
Monday Chip & Beth and their 3 dds came to visit. We had so much fun talking, eating and playing pitch. Hannah & 2 of their dds all went riding in the pasture and played with the horses all afternoon. One of them had a hard time steering, so Jonah spent most of his time leading her behind the other 2 horses. He was such a gentleman-as he trudged thru mud and snow. Most of the snow is gone now, replaced with lots of mud. Here's a pic I took the day we got a good amount of snow.
Jonah did a lot of snow-boarding down our hill and the kids did a lot of sledding, too. Jonah is really good about taking Susanna sledding down the hill and taking good care of her, too. Although, once they went farther than he planned and they went thru some bushes. She didn't cry at all, but pointed up the hill and said "again!" LOL
Last night I got Susanna to bed and everything seemed fine. 30 mins later she was crying, so I went up there and she had thrown up a huge amount and had it all over her face, in her hair, all over her pajamas, her baby and blanket. Pat took care of her bed, clothes, baby & blanket and I gave her a bath, changed and put clean sheets on her crib. Hannah got up and held her while I made her bed. She threw up 2 more times. So, I stayed up with her in my lap for half the night in the living room with her covered with drop cloths(towels) and a bucket. She finally stopped throwing up around 2:30 I think and wanted to get in her crib. She threw up once more, but I had her on a towel and it wasn't much, so changed that quick, washed her face and she went back to sleep.
This morning she is still throwing up a little. She's sitting on Hannah's lap right now watching a sign language video. I'm going to go take a shower in a minute and I think our school day will consist of just reading aloud from Patrick Henry: Firebrand of the Revolution.
I wonder who will be the next to get the stomach bug and at what hour of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment