Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/29/2006 Busy Day

This morning started out with a horse visitor-a paint mare from a road over. She was visiting with our little herd of 3 horses. Retro is the gelding in charge and he took offense to this strange horse over the gate, but then he was a little interested, too. Pat was on his way to the farm to get millk and happened upon this little horse gathering. So, he took care of the runaway.

I was a busy girl this morning-baked cappacino chocolate chip muffins, granola & peanut butter cookies.

We are getting ready for company for 4 days over the weekend. I still have bread to make. I also got the menu plan done for all the meals.

Getting the house ready has been a trial, though. It seems as fast as I can get rooms cleaned, it just as quickly gets messed up again.

Today, I have found petrified & mummified apples & carrots b/w the couch & wall. After I washed a load of laundry, I found about 50 water balloons mixed in with all the clothes and and the entire kitchen floor got sticky from "someone" cutting the tops off of popsicles to see if they were frozen yet (after I had just washed the floor!!)-and they WEREN'T frozen yet.

And then Susanna got into the act, too, by taking shovelfulls of sand from her turtle on the porch and dumping them one by one onto the living room carpet.

I sprinkled DE in the hen house & chick coop today, too. Hannah saw a few white bugs in a nest box. I need to figure out what they are, but hopefully the DE will kill whatever it was. I'm so glad it is safe to use around the chickens.

Went to the library and got a huge pile of "delicious" books about Japan, then went to the farmer's market. The kids signed up for the reading program at the library. I've never made a big deal about that as reading books everyday is just something that we do-like eating meals. But the librarian told them about it and they were thrilled with the idea of earning points for toys.

The kids watched a movie about how to make origami. I knew Hannah would enjoy it, but Jonah really surprised me as he really got into it and they made a bunch of things.

As I watched them, I thought about how they didn't even know they were doing "school." LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment