Monday, May 10, 2010

12/2/06 Thank you, sweet Secret Sister!!

It looks a bit different here, doesn't it?? I have always wanted a pretty blog like the ones I see all over HSBlogger, but don't have a clue what to do.

Well, a couple days ago, I got an email from a secret sister with a link. She said she designed something especially for me and if I liked it, she would set it up for me. It was this fantastic blog template! I have to say I cried when I saw it. This was such a beautiful blessing to me and came at such the perfect time.

I did end up learning the identity of my secret sister-a very very dear friend of mine-and even though we have never met in real life, I consider her to be one of my most precious friends-she has been a blessing to me many times over the last 3 or 4 yrs-I can't remember exactly how long we've known each other. Anyway, I often feel like kindred spirits with her and admire her immensely.

Thank you, my sweet "secret" sister!

I just wanted to also thank the sweet sisters who commented on my post below with their encouraging words and their prayers. It was such a blessing to me and I did feel those prayers. Actually, there came a point in the day yesterday that I stopped (in the middle of helping with crafts) and thought to myself, "I think someone is praying for me right now." Isn't that neat??

I had a really good day yesterday. We left the house early and went grocery shopping, picked up one of Hannah's friends and then went to our HS Christmas Craft day. It was a lot of fun! Each family brings enough supplies for 20-30 kids to make an ornament or craft and a snack to share. There was Christmas music playing and the kids went from table to table doing their crafts, playing and eating. My kids were all good and Susanna especially was very content to sit on my lap or next to me for most of it.

There weren't enough tables for each family, so I ended up sharing a table with a mom that I know. Her kids are friends with my kids from gym class. Somehow, it very naturally came up how we've been doing and guess what-she is struggling with the exact same things I have been. We talked and laughed(at absurd boy things) and got teary-eyed together(over our failings and heart desires to change) and most importantly, encouraged each other. She thanked me for our conversation and for being so honest-she said she so often feels like the only one going thru these kinds of things. We decided we are going to try and get together for coffee sometime without kids, glitter and glue in the mix-LOL. I look forward to that!

http://countryheartdesigns.com/graphics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment