Monday, May 10, 2010

11/27/06 Getting Excited about...

...Christmas!

Yesterday morning we started reading from Mathew and it really hit me that Christmas is almost here. I can't wait because next Sunday we can start reading from Tabitha's Travels every day.

Last year we read every day from Jotham's Journey and it was so powerful and moving. Even Pat loved it and didn't want us to read it without him.

Pat & I went on a date last night. We had a gift certificate that I forgot about, but found while cleaning cabinets a couple weeks ago. My in-laws watched the kids. First we did a little Christmas shopping. At BJs, I found a set of 5 wooden puzzles in a stand for Susanna and also some board books for her stocking.

We had a quick trip to Toys r' Us to get Jonah the Lego Viking Castle set and a Hotwheels racetrack. Got Susanna a really cute stroller for her babies.

Then we went to the mall and just walked around taking our time. We came across a little store in the aisle that was selling those soft fuzzy scarves-Hannah has been admiring them on her friends. So, we got her a scarf and matching mittens-on sale. I can't wait until she pulls them out of her stocking!

We also got a Land's End winter coat from Sears for Jonah-not a present. He had a growth spurt over the summer.

Guess what I heard that I haven't heard from a store person in awhile! "Merry Christmas!" (instead of Happy Holidays)

We had a really nice dinner and had fun talking and laughing. On the way home, Susanna got excited about all the Christmas lights she saw and yelled "light!" each time. LOL It was cute.

I hope to our Christmas lights up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment