Friday, May 7, 2010

9/25/06 The Weekend

It was a good weekend! Friday evening Jonah got to play with 2 of his friends that go to PS. They had a great time shooting their bows, going for a ride on the 4-wheeler and playing in the woods. Here's a pic of them. This poor deer didn't stand a chance-LOL.

Saturday morning Hannah's friend, Danielle, came over for the day. The girls and Jonah did outside animal chores and went riding.

At 10:00am Pat let me know that some friends were coming at 11:00. He often does that to me, but I don't mind. Fortunately, I had just put an apple cake in the oven, so I ran around picking up the place a bit. They bought our finish mower and were picking it up. They HS and Jonah is good friends with their son, Ethan. I got to visit with the mom, Karyn. I always enjoy talking with her. They already had lunch, but they shared the apple cake with us. I actually made the cake for lunch. Not usual lunch fare, but I didn't think anyone would complain-and they didn't! Karyn's dh, Parker helped Pat carry in the shelves he built for me. I am so excited that they are finally done!! They're beautiful. The pic didn't turn out well, but you get the idea. This corner was awful before-there was a dog kennel, posters on the wall and stuff piled up on top of the kennel.

Ethan ended up staying when they left.

Pat & I had a date since we just had our 15th year anniversary. The babysitter got here at 5:00 (we haven't had her come since last winter!), we brought Ethan & Danielle home and then went out to dinner. I really enjoyed it. After dinner we walked around the town and got ice cream, too. This town is on a lake and it's a very pretty scenic area.

Sunday, Pat had to go in to work for a few hours. I had a very nice time filling up my new shelves with books & school supplies, and cleaning off the baker's rack in the dining room. That's where a lot of the school stuff was piled up and it was really an eye sore.

When Pat got home, he went trail-riding with the kids. Poor Jonah-his girth came undone somehow and he and the saddle slid off his horse in a heap. At least it happened in a hay field instead of the side of the road.

I think that's about it. We had lasagna for dinner.

http://www.sherylsgraphics.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment