Friday, May 7, 2010

8/14/06 The Weekend

My friend,Chris, asked me to take a walk with her Saturday morning. We have had very little time together over the last 2-3 yrs and I'm so glad it worked out!

Hannah said she would get up with Susanna so Pat could sleep in a bit.
So, I left here at 7:00am-with only my purse and a water bottle. Wow, that felt good! No looking for shoes for anyone, no packing a baby bag, etc.
What a simple thing it is to walk out the door by yourself with only the things that YOU need! LOL
Anyway, we ended up walking 4 miles! And we had such great conversation-it really felt great to do that. We're going to try and do it again next Saturday.
When I got home (9:45am), I found out that Pat hadn't gotten home until 3:30 am. He didn't know he was getting home that late, but he was glad I enjoyed my walk.
He ended up working 21 hours Friday!! I don't know how he does it, but I told him he better stop before he gets sick.
Here's another funny little story about my little man. For some strange reason, Pat told Jonah he could play with mouse traps. Yep-I'm shaking my head, too. Maybe it's the fatigue causing iffy judgement-LOL. Anyway, Jonah came & got some honey and set the traps with honey hoping to catch bees. LOLROF!
Well....as you might expect, all he did was catch his own finger. That was the end of that and that is when I found out about the whole adventure.
Pat's mom called and my FIL is home, but his oncologist suspects that the esophageal cancer (or possibly the prostate cancer) metastisized to his lungs. They are doing a bronchoscopy on Tuesday to find out for sure.So, we need to wait until the end of next week for the results.
Sunday Pat & the kids rounded up the cows to bring them to a friend's farm to get bred by a bull. The calf didn't care for all of it and kicked Pat real hard above the knee before he finally got on the trailer.
We went to visit Pat's parents since his Dad was home from the hospital and the procedure on Tuesday is high risk. We don't know how he'll do with the anesthesia. It was nice to visit with them!
Chris & her dh, Pat came with their kids in the late afternon to hang out and have dinner. Dinner was great and we all walked down the road and thru a field to see what kind of deer activity is going on up there. They set up an action stimulated deer-cam.
That was about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment