Monday, May 10, 2010

2/17/07 Diamonds are beautiful to some.....

But chicken broth is beautiful to others. LOL!!
I made some broth this morning from 2 chicken carcasses. We raised these chickens. They are a bit on the anorexic side, but they're ok and they make a GREAT broth!
I doctored it up with every veggie I had in the house, added celtic sea salt, peppercorns, garlic cloves, etc.
When it was done, it was a thick and dark golden. I got enough to freeze 8 cups of it and with the other 8 cups I'm making Italian Wedding soup-Jonah's favorite soup.
Anyway, I was showing my beautiful broth to Pat and he said, "diamonds are beautiful to some, but broth is beautiful to you. Strange-but I'm glad!"
I also made bread this morning. A friend of ours just had surgery, so I brought her one of the loaves with a card. Two of her boys are here now playing with Jonah in the mountains of snow we have.
The kids had archery today and Pat ended up not having to go to work, so he took the girls with him to do some errands and the boys are all outside.
I have the whole house to myself!! It's so deliciously quiet.
http://countryheartdesigns.com/graphics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment