Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/17/2006 I Was Missing my Dear Husband

But I've been keeping busy. Today we got our morning chores done quickly and then drove out my in-laws house to visit. My sweet mother-in-love had offered to watch the kids so I could do some shopping at the thrift store by myself.

So, we visited for awhile, had lunch and I scored some great bargains at the thrift. I only went to get myself some clothes, but ended up getting something for everybody.

I have been wearing the same old things for so long and am so excited to now have 2 new skirts, 4 pairs of capris, 2 blouses and 2 comfy t-shirts.

My MIL also helped me with my serger. She gave it to me when she got a new one. It is very special to me as my MIL sewed my wedding gown with it and she taught me how to sew patchwork quilts with it.

Anyway, one of the threads kept wrapping around a top needle and then snapping. We think she's got it fixed now. I'm so glad as I need to finish up 4 diapers I am making for a friend.

My dh bought me a brand new fancy serger for mother's day, but I am afraid of it. I really need to learn how to use it for something other than washcloths.

Anyway, I've been missing my dh so much. He's back-packing in Maine with one of my brothers and had no cell phone service. Even when he works all day, I talk to him several times on the phone, so this has been rough!

I especially needed to talk to him as I had a difficult conversation with a friend and I just want to have his support, although the conversation might make him mad (at my friend).

So, as I was wishing it was Monday night, he called and said he was on his way home now!! They did the first half of the trails they had planned on and for some reason the second half was closed off. Plus he said his heart wasn't in it this time, that he actually felt homesick. My brother wanted him to go to New Hampshire with him to hike a different place, but he didn't want to.

I haven't told the kids-they still think he'll be home the day after tomorrow. I can't wait to see their faces when the dogs start barking and they see him come up the driveway. Every time the dogs bark Susanna yells "Daddy" and this time I'll be able to say, "Yes! Daddy's home!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment