Friday, May 7, 2010

9/23/06 My Two Brains

Been a good week, although I can't remember it all. I really need to get on here and blog more often so I don't have to wrack my brain to figure out what we did all week. My brain can't take much wracking-LOL.

I have my "brain-in-a-binder" all set for the most part and it is working pretty well. Except my dh asked me to call someone for him and I did write it in my binder, but I still forgot.

His response was, "so, two brains aren't working?" LOL

My friend, Danise had asked me to make her a dozen diapers and it took me about a month to do it! Well, part of it was I needed to order fabric and that took awhile to get here. Oh, and I also needed to change my pattern some as her son's measurements are much different than Susanna's. Here's the 4 prints she picked for her son. I don't normally get to make boy dipes, so this was fun:

I was asked by one of the leaders of my HS area group to start something for girls around Hannah's age, so she and I have been having a good time coming up with ideas and goals. We'll do devotionals and short stories. My friend, Peggy told me about a book called The King's Daughter , so I ordered it and hope to use it.

We'll do crafts/projects/baking and then some free time. We'll meet once a month. I've had 4 families express interest so far.

What I'd like to see is a group of girls encouraging each other in their walks with the Lord, to realize the potential they have within family ministry in their roles as daughters and sisters and for them to have a lot of fun!

Moms will be encouraged to come-but I'm leaving it up to each family as to what they're comfortable with.

I think the first group will be a time for all us moms & dds discussing what they'd all like to see in this group, the girls will have a get-to-know-each-other kind of game, refreshments and if there's enough time, I'd like them to make a fleece lap blanket. We'll see.

I had one mom ask me if her 7 yr old could come. I felt really badly turning her away, but it seems there is a need for something for the older girls(about age 9-14). There are so many activities for the younger kids. So, what I think will be a great idea is to once a year have the girls group plan a day for the younger girls. They'll do most of the work, we'll invite the young girls in the HS group and the older girls will minister to them helping them with crafts/projects, serving the refreshments, etc.

Maybe eventually, it'll be more than once a month.

Does anyone reading this have ideas they'd like to share? I've never done something like this before, so I'm hoping over time, we'll get all the kinks worked out and I pray we'll have a beautiful thing in the eyes of the Lord.

Here's a pic of Susanna taking care of her "bee." She's such a good mommy!

Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment