Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6/23/2006 Musical Thursday & Blessed by Jonah

Yesterday was a musical day-my daughter played her piano all day to make sure she had her songs perfect for her recital last night. I especially loved "Fur Elise" by Beethoven. I noticed that while that beautiful song is playing, it's hard to feel anything but gentle. Yes, it made me feel gentle & graceful! I wonder if the Lord gave us music and His creation to show us a tiny little bit of what Heaven will be like and yearn for it.

I remember when Hannah first started playing piano-plink, plink, PLANK! PLANK! She's made so much progress and I'm so proud of her for being so dedicated at practicing.

I also got my quarterly reports and written evaluation done for the kids and sent out in the mail. What a load off my mind.

And, I got the rest of the fresh strawberries on the counter hulled, cut & frozen-before they became un-fresh.

One year I let peaches sit too long and lost half of what we picked. I am still remorsefull about wasting that good food we paid for & picked.

I was really tired yesterday for some reason. I put Susanna down for a nap and then laid down and I asked Jonah if he would keep an eye on things while I was sleeping and to get me up in an hour. Hannah was really in charge, but I've noticed if I hold a "bar of expectation" above Jonah, he rises to the occasion.

And rise, he did. While I slept, he took the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer. He took clothes off the clothesline and put them in the hamper(they were still damp, though-LOL). Then he folded the clothes that were in a different hamper and put them in piles.

Susanna woke up before I did, so he got her out of her crib and played with her for 10 minutes before getting me up. When he got me up, he asked me if I'd like 10 more minutes to sleep.

Oh, he brought tears to my eyes when I came downstairs and saw all that he'd done. This was the boy I thought I was doing everything wrong with last weekend, too. Maybe he just had a bad day, because he has been so sweet all week. But, most likely it's been all the praying we've done for him this week. He stood so straight and tall when I praised and thanked him with a big embarrassed smile on his face. I did not mention the damp clothes in the hamper and I took no notice of the way the clothes were folded. His servant heart wanted to bless me and I was tremendously!

Pat's parents met us here and then we all headed to Hannah's recital. We picked up one of her friends on the way-Meaghan.

It was such a nice recital and Hannah played beautifully.

There was an ice cream social afterwards under the pavilion across the road. The kids had so much fun playing basketball & soccer and playing on the playground. Most of the kids there are homeschooled and we know a couple of the families. So, my dh got to find out that we're not the only home with laundry in places that aren't dressers and we're not the only ones with mail sitting in the car for a few days before it gets opened. LOL

Hannah's piano teacher came up to me and told me that she's been meaning to tell me that Hannah expresses herself musically in a way not usual for a 10 yr old. She said that she has beautiful musical expression and puts a lot of feeling into her playing.

I've noticed something different about her playing, but didn't know what it was-just that it was extra nice to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment