Monday, May 10, 2010

12/4/06 Hannah's Hair & my Lunch Out

I posted a week ago that Hannah donated her hair to locks of love, but didn't have a pic uploaded to photobucket. So, here it is. Doesn't she look beautiful? Her hair looks curly again like when she was a baby. It was curlier then, though-in ringlets all over her head.

I went to lunch with my friend, Chris, yesterday and we had a really nice time. I was away for about 6 hours! Lunch was so yummy and we had talked and talked and talked. It was great.

Then we went window shopping. We were in a ritzy sort of town with lots of great shops along main street. Every weekend in December the theme is a Charles Dickens Christmas. So, there are loads of people dressed up in this time period caroling, putting on skits here and there, with free roasted chestnuts and a brass quartet. As you pass these people they nod and smile at you and say Merry Christmas.

In fact, every single store clerk we saw also said Merry Christmas. It was so very nice to hear that so often in one day.

I thought the girls that were dressed up in that period with the full skirts and hats were more beautiful than the girls wearing today's modern stylish clothing.

I bought a few stocking stuffers for the kids-I didn't need to buy much as I'm done with them.

It was just a very nice time. When I got home, I found an extra kid here. Pat let Hannah have a friend over. He spent the day putting the chicken door back on the henhouse and working on the wood stove pump. The door got torn off the hinges by high winds the other day. And the pump for the wood stove wasn't working, so we didn't have heat in the first floor of the house, but did have it on the second floor. It wasn't cold in here, though, due to our insulation(stress skin panels). The pump pushes the heated water thru in-floor radiant heating tubes.

He got all that done and got Susanna down for a nap, too.

I had remembered to get meat out to thaw, so made a nice dinner for them all-broiled salmon & steak, rice pilaf, mixed veggies and applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment