Thursday, May 6, 2010

6/30/2006 Getting Ready for Company

This morning we hit the ground running!

First of all we had to deal with a neighbor's runaway horse who came to visit our horses again-LOL. That's two mornings in a row now.

Pat & Jonah went to get 2 tons of sand and I started making round loaves of wheat bread.

When the sand got here we all went and raked the area where the pool is going to get it level. Getting the pool up every summer is a family project. Even Susanna got in the act. I did some work with my chickens-put new bedding in nest boxes and on the coop floors, cleaned water holders and brushed down cobwebs and cocoons.

Did some weeding in the garden and got one section ready to plant more swiss chard. My strawberries are running wild now and I need to go back out there, cut back runners and clean out the beds.

Pat is going to make stakes for my tomatoes tomorrow and stakes to put on each corner of my asparagus bed so I can tie string all around it to keep the asparagus fronds from draping themselves over everything else and blocking the garden paths.

Pat drove to his parents' house to pick up some deck chairs they don't want anymore. It is cute-2 chairs with a table b/w and an umbrella. We're setting that up somewhere in the yard.

He took all the kids with him to do this. He also had to pick up a trailer full of bark chips to put inside the horse shed and got extra for my flower beds.

So, I had 2.5 hours to myself!! I finished up the bread loaves, took a shower, hung laundry out on the line and ran to the store to get a few things I needed for our menu plan for the weekend. I also stopped at the fabric store. A friend wants me to make her washcloths with cow fabric, but they didn't have any. I'll have to look online now unfortunately.

After shopping was done I started making a cheese cake. I've never done this before and boy were there a lot of steps involved, but it turned out beautiful!! It's strawberry swirl cheesecake.

I just got Susanna down for her nap and read some of The Hobbit to Jonah. Now, I'm out to mow the lawn, weedwack and hopefully get the second patch of swiss chard planted.

Hannah is cleaning bathrooms for me-she actually enjoys doing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment