Monday, May 10, 2010

11/18/06 Another Week Gone By...

...between blogging entries. I am getting bad! It's been a very busy week and very emotional for me, too.

Monday was a normal schoolish type day. Did some baking, cleaning and watched my neighbor's youngest dd for an hour and then picked up her brother and sister from the schoolbus in their driveway and brought them back and watched all of them for a bit while their mom had parent-teacher meetings.

The kids all had fun.

Tuesday was piano lessons and schoolwork. I also finished up a talk I had to give on Wednesday. That took me on and off all day Tuesday-with lots of praying and feeling anxious. The talk was on Motherhood contentment.

Wednesday we left the house at 8:15 to get to the church in the nearby city. I've never stood up in front of people before to talk and was nervous, but when I pulled into the church driveway and saw all those ladies getting out of their cars and going in I almost felt paralyzed.

Anyway, I got in there, stood up and talked and it was ok. I shook like a leaf, got teary-eyed several times, said more than I planned on saying. Which means, I felt uncomfortable with the level of honesty I went to in front of a bunch of strangers. I mostly stuck to what I wrote, but I had asked the Lord to give me the words and I guess he wanted me to reveal more. I'm glad it's done and I plan never to do that again. I felt like crud all the rest of that day-just wiped out and blah.

I took Hannah clothes shopping afterwards, too. My MIL watched the younger two as it is a major trial getting clothes for Hannah. It's hard to find modest clothing in her size that's not clingy or too low-cut.

After 2 hours in 1 store, I had a headache and wanted to be home in the worst way(which was an hour drive!)

We had dinner at my MIL's which was very nice. We drove home in the dark (I hate driving at night) and about 25 mins from home, we hit a thick blanket of fog. I could only see the lines of the road right in front of me. Hannah wanted me to pull over and call Daddy, but that wouldn't have done any good.

I was very afraid as there were cars behind me and passing me and was so glad to get off the highway and take the back roads the rest of the way. It was still hard to see, though. I was surprisingly quiet & calm-normally I stress out and yell at everyone to keep quiet.

I prayed to myself continually and was able to calm the kids down with this:

"this foggy road is a lot like the path God takes us on in our life. We can only see a very little at a time. The lines on the side of the road are our guide, just like God is our guide-we need to keep our eyes on Him to stay on His path."

I put on some calm music and the last 25 mins took us about an hour. I was SO glad to be home.

Thursday the kids had gym class and afterwards we brought home Blythe & Ethan to play at our house. I still felt kind of blah from Wednesday, but after doing the treadmill and praying and crying some more, I felt better. I think the Lord wanted to stretch me, get me out of my comfort zone, and yet again show me how much I need Him from one minute to the next. Pat was very encouraging about it, too.

Pat came home later in the evening after work and after picking his friend, Greg, from the airport. He flew in for the yearly traditional deer hunt. That evening, Pat trucked home with him a load of shavings, he changed the oil in the truck and put his winter tires on, letting Jonah help. Our neighbors stopped up and since the rain stopped and it was beautiful out, the kids played.

This was a shining moment for me. The kind that has beautiful background music playing in my head. It was dark and the stars were shining. The light from the barn was on and I could see 6 kids running around with 3 dogs. They were jumping in the puddles, leaping over the sandbox and just having a ball. It brought back memories of kids playing in the dark every summer and especially when we started building our barn and house.

I wanted a bonfire so badly!

Friday was a day full of activities and Greg helped along with Jonah. They went to get beef trimmings to use when grinding venison to give it a better consistency. They picked up round bales for the horses and cows. Pat cleaned the woodstove and trucked out the ashes. They went to the gun range and sited in their guns. They normally do this here, but a friend asked them to go. Jonah went, too.

As I watched Pat doing all this, I wondered at this hard-working man. He's been busier than (this is his little phrase) a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest for the last month. And even though he had a good friend here (that he sees once/year), he took care of all his responsibilities to our family and our little homestead first.

And early Friday morning he gave me a nice backrub and we talked & laughed for a couple hours. I really loved that!

Today is the big hunt! I've been cooking and baking and cleaning for the last 2 weeks. We're all ready. I won't see the guys until lunch time (they have breakfast down the road at a neighbor's house), so the kids and I are going to the library to pick up my books on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment